Welcome to Barberville, Florida
Museum • Farm • Indian Village • Country Store
Exhibits • Guided Tours • Workshops • Festivals • Outreach
Travel Back to Florida's Rural Past!
Nostalgia and Fun for Friends & Families!
Historical "Village" Setting and Friendly Atmosphere
Easily Accessible from Daytona, Orlando, Ocala and Beyond
The Barberville Pioneer Settlement hosts the areas most unique cultural events.
On the first weekend of November Florida History and Folk Culture came ALIVE
as we presented the 38th Annual Fall Country Jamboree.
This event featured examples of pioneer living that included blacksmithing, cane grinding and boil, spinning, pottery, and many more.
The Juried Arts and Crafts show featured handmade and original work from over 80 vendors.
Florida history and folk culture come ALIVE as we relive pioneer times
through demonstrations of backwoods lifeways, early industry and trades,
folk and domestic arts, and the dynamic cultural mix of people
who have lived and settled throughout Central Florida.
The Barberville Jamboree is one of the best-known
and longest-lived heritage festivals in Florida, featuring:
- Our newly restored Old Barberville Central High School, c. 1919
- More than 100 historical demonstrators, reenactors, artisans and trades people from around the state
- Continuous performances by 150 Florida musicians on 6 stages
- Juried arts and crafts show
- Historical exhibits, storytelling and hands-on children's activities
- Children's art show and awards
- Florida "Cracker"-style foods such as BBQ, Corn boil, Fish fry and Bean soup